Table of Contents
Filling PDF Documents with Acrobat
You can use Adobe Acrobat DC to fill and sign PDF documents. Here is a sample file you can download and try signing.
- Open the document in Adobe Acrobat DC.
- If Acrobat is not your default PDF application, right-click on your document, choose Open With, then Adobe Acrobat DC.
- In right pane, click Fill & Sign.
- In the top toolbar, you can use the tools to add text, place marks, and sign the document.
- Place text and marks by clicking the toolbar button, and then clicking where you want to place it on the document.
- When you sign the document, if this is your first time you'll have to add a signature.
- You may use a preformatted signature, or choose Draw at the top of the dialog.
- Using your tablet pen, draw your signature in the provided box.
- The signature preview will be somewhat low quality. Do not worry too much if some of your lighter pen strokes are not visible.
- If you do not like your signature, you can click “Clear Signature” and draw it again.
- Once you have drawn your signature, click “Accept” in the bottom right.
- Your handwritten signature will now appear under your cursor. Move the signature to the location you would like to place it, then click once.
- If the signature is too large or two small, you can resize it by clicking and dragging the square in the corner of the signature box.
- Save the document to store the filled information and your signature. After saving a signed document, you won't be able to edit the text anymore.
Adding Text to PDF Documents
- Click on Tools at the top-right of the Acrobat window.
- Click on Add Text under Content Editing in the right pane.
- Move the cursor to where you would like to add text. Generally, you want to place the bottom line of the cursor just a bit above where you want the bottom of your text to be. Click to start entering text.
- After you enter text, you may click again elsewhere to add more.
- When you are done adding text, go to File > Save. When asked if you want to finalize the changes, click Confirm. Then save the document as you normally would.
Video Guide: How to sign and add text in a PDF document
teachers/sign_a_document_digitally.txt · Last modified: 2017/09/26 10:31 by abrashear