Borrow a License in Maya
When you are away from school you may have trouble launching Maya because it cannot reach our license server. You can work around this by borrowing a license while on-campus. This will give you a period of time where your software doesn't need to check-in in order to launch. If you have trouble borrowing a license from home, check your VPN connection.
- Launch Maya.
- If necessary, click the ≫ icon to the left of Workspace at the top of the screen to show the Help menu.
- Go to Help > About Maya.
- Click the Product License Information button near bottom left of the window.
- In the License Manager window, click the Borrow button.
- In the Borrow a License window, choose a date up to 90 days in the future. This is when your borrowed license will expire.
- Click Borrow License.
- A window will appear confirming you've borrowed the license. You can close the licensing and about windows, then continue using Maya.