This is an old revision of the document!
Borrow a License in 3ds Max
When you are away from school you may have trouble launching 3ds Max because it cannot reach our license server. You can work around this by borrowing a license while on-campus. This will give you a period of time where your software doesn't need to check-in in order to launch.
- Launch 3ds Max.
- If necessary, click the ≫ icon to the left of Sign at the top of the screen to show the Help menu.
- Go to Help > Autodesk Product Information > About 3ds Max.
- Click the Product License Information button near the top of the window.
- In the License Manager window, click the Borrow button.
- In the Borrow a License window, choose a date up to 90 days in the future. This is when your borrowed license will expire.
- Click Borrow License.
- A window will appear confirming you've borrowed the license. You can close the licensing and about windows, then continue using 3ds Max.