Table of Contents
Restoring the Factory Image on Your La Salle High School Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga
Back up your data before proceeding. Restoring the factory image will remove all restrictions, software, and data on your computer. The process requires two general steps, in this order:
- Restore the BIOS to factory defaults.
- Restore the operating system.
You can also view a video demonstrating the restore process.
What You Will Need
- Your recovery media issued by La Salle High School.
- Your laptop and charger.
- About 30 minutes.
Restore the BIOS to Factory Defaults
- Start with the computer powered on and plugged-in to your charger. Restart the computer by clicking Restart in the Start menu.
- If you are at a Bitlocker screen, hold the power button until it turns off. Turn it back on.
- As the computer turns on, repeatedly tap the F1 key near the top left of the keyboard until you see the Entering Setup message.
- At the lock prompt, type the password LN19VANQUISH and press ENTER.
- Use the left/right arrow keys to navigate to the Restart screen.
- Highlight Load Setup Defaults and press ENTER.
- Press ENTER again.
- Use the left/right arrow keys to navigate to the Security screen.
- Highlight Password and press ENTER.
- Highlight Supervisor Password and press ENTER.
- Enter the current password, LN19VANQUISH and press ENTER.
- Enter a new password or leave it blank. Press ENTER.
- If you set a password and forget it, there is no way to reset it.
- Repeat the new password or leave it blank. Press ENTER.
- Press ENTER to continue.
- Press the ESC key at the top left of the keyboard.
- Highlight Security Chip and press ENTER.
- Highlight Clear Security Chip and press ENTER.
- At the Clear encryption keys dialog, press ENTER.
- Press ESC.
- Highlight Secure Boot and press ENTER.
- Highlight Secure Boot again and press ENTER.
- Change to Disabled and press ENTER.
- Press ESC twice.
- Highlight Exit Saving Changes and press ENTER.
- Highlight Yes and press ENTER.
- When the system boots into BitLocker recovery, hold the power button down for six seconds to power it off.
Restore the Operating System
- Start with the computer powered off and plugged-in to your charger.
- Unplug all storage devices (flash drives, SD cards, etc.) from the computer.
- Insert your recovery media into the USB port on the computer.
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly tap the F12 key until you see the Entering Boot Menu message.
- If your computer boots into Windows, restart from the Start Screen to access the boot menu.
- At the boot menu, use the arrow keys to select the USB HDD option and press ENTER.
- If your arrow keys do not work. Power off the system by holding the power button and start again.
- At the Clonezilla screen, press ENTER to begin the restoration process.
- Wait while the machine is restored. This can take up to 10 minutes.
- When done, you may be prompted to remove the drive and press enter. Store your drive somewhere safe. The computer will turn off.
- Turn the computer back on.
- Proceed through the setup screens answering the prompts. When you arrive at the desktop, you’ve successfully restored your computer.