Recognize Text with Acrobat
Acrobat can recognize text in scanned documents using Optical Character Recognition (OCR). Recognizing text in your PDFs allows you to quickly search them.
- Right-click your PDF file. Choose Open With > Adobe Acrobat DC.
- In the top bar, click Tools then type Recognize. Choose Recognize Text from the results.
- In the lower part of the Enhance Scans toolbar that appears, click the Recognize Text button.
- Wait while the document is searched for text.
- Go to File > Save to save the changes to the file.
Recognize Text in Multiple Files
If you have a lot of PDFs you can recognize text in all of them at once.
- Open Adobe Acrobat DC.
- In the top bar, click Tools.
- In the listing, click Enhance Scans.
- Click Recognize Text in Multiple Files.
- Click Add Files… in the top left. Select your files or folder to recognize text in. Click OK.
- You have the option to replace the original files or to save to a new location.
- If you want to save the modified files to a new location choose A Folder on My Computer.
- Once you click OK it will start processing the files. It can take a while.
recognize_text_acrobat.txt · Last modified: 2019/09/09 12:11 by abrashear